Monday 16 April 2012

Shellac Off!

Opting for Shellac was easy as being a mum of two and a total cluts, the thought of having a perfect manicure for up to two weeks was too tempting and not bad for £15. So Hot Pink nails it was!
   
 
Fifteen days on and the polish was perfect, albeit a little grown out at the cuticles. The problem with me though is I don't have time to keep getting them re-done, so I sat down last night with varnish remover, cotton wool and some cuticle pushers and attempted to remove it.

After nearly bloody half an hour the removal was complete and let me tell you, my poor nails have seen better days. A few patches of the top layer of nail peeled off when the polish came off and now they look worn and dried out. Ouch!

I was warned of this when having a Shellac but I decided to take the risk. So although I had lovely chip free nails for two weeks was it worth it? To be honest I'm not a fan, I think I'll stick with my own polish in future! I'll have nails in a better condition if anything and I can remove the polish with ease whenever I want to.

Have you tried Shellac? What did you think?

Till next time... M x

4 comments:

  1. Never seen this Shellac nail varnish before. I have never bitten my nails but they have never been able to grow past my fingertip without the aid of some nail varnish applied twice a week.

    I must say though, I find the whole process of painting my nails, waiting for them to dry and having to use a whole bottle of nail varnish just to get one stubborn colour off, incredibly tedious. Because of this, i ised to have Gel colours applied but the up-keep is expensive and they just don't seem to stay on my nails.

    I definitely think i'll give Shellac a go, probably in a nice neutral shade so i don't get bored too easily and have to spend half an hour taking it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo give it a go - it's only about £15 so worth it for polish that stays pretty much perfect for two weeks! M x

      Delete
  2. I've been dying to get shellac done, especially with holidays coming up! I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my nail routine so seems like a nice easy choice!! I'm your newest follower ;) x

    dickiebowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it - just make sure you go back and let them take it off! Thanks for the follow.. M x

      Delete