Monday 30 July 2012

Vinyl!

So for me vinyl in its transparent form conjures up memories of a bag I owned when I was 19 that was made of records covered in vinyl. Lipgloss, mobile and purse visible for all to see - genius idea! One night after a dozen too many WKD's, my dear friend came to my rescue. She picked me up and to cut a long story short, whilst I was in the back of her car I proceeded to vom in said bag. So gross and so mortifying - that's me off vinyl for life!

Now the thought of transparent vinyl on shoes in theory doesn't sound good (I just imagine sweaty, hot, stripper feet) but Christian Louboutin has worked his magic on these little beauties. The Louboutin Bis un Bout's are the sell out shoe of the moment after being showcased on Rihanna and Alicia Keys at the Grammy Awards in Feb! Kimmy K owns several pairs in several colours and Kristen Stewart rocked (my fave) a neon yellow pair dressed up with smart trousers and a cropped top.
Topshop have also produced some everyday pumps with some vinyl inspiration - also sold out I might add! I totally love these - not sure how much use I'd get out of them however. Here are a few other see through bits and pieces..


from top left going clockwise (or top to bottom if you're on a smartphone) -
 Phillip Lim Transparent Tote
Zara Vinyl Messenger Bag
Prada Clear Tote
 Zara Vinyl Sandal

Seen any other transparent vinyl accessories? Is vinyl just too stripper for you?

Till next time... M x

No comments:

Post a Comment