Monday 16 July 2012

Disco in Pants!

Disco pants are the trouser of the moment! They were bang on trend back when Sandy in Grease graced our screens and they are most definitely back with a bang now. These high shine, stupidly tight trousers have been flying off American Apparels shelves for quite some time now. Jessie J has flaunted her ridiculously endless legs in numerous colours and all manner of other celebrities are squeezing themselves into these super tight trousers!


This is a trend that I'm still not sure of though, you need to tick a few boxes in order to pull this look off. For a start you preferably need to be under 25, long legged, lean and require a decent looking bum to pull these off. Liz Jones (the Daily Mail's eccentric columnist) has written an article today asking the nation 'Are you brave enough to pull them off?'.

Well Liz the answer from me is a no! It took me a while to latch on to the legging/jegging craze due to the fact that my calves resemble that of Henry VIII - I blame years of ballet lessons when I was younger! And as I already own a pair of high shine leggings (or bin bags as the other half calls them) I think that these will have to suffice.

At £70 these must have trousers seem a bit steep, get yourself on Ebay as there are loads of duplicates out there. Very is rocking these in 3 lovely colours at the moment.. and a snip at £35 - http://www.very.co.uk/e/q/high-shine-trouser.end?cmtag=o&_requestid=252737


Do you like these trousers? Own a pair? Not a fan?

Till next time... M x

4 comments: